Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sometimes (many times) I get stupid...

Unreal!

My first "Top Five Favorite Drummers" post left out one of my all-time drum-loves:

Bernard Purdie.

Yes, I know, "how can you seriously forget Bernard Purdie?" I don't know what sort of mind-flexing, dimentia-laden things were taking place that day, but I must have been caught up somewhere in Jimmy Chamberlin's snare sound from "Siamese Dream".

So, here's the updated "Top Five Favorite Drummers In No Particular Order of Greatness" list:

1. Jeff Porcaro

2. Bill Bruford

3. Bernard Purdie

4. Buddy Rich

5. Stewart Copeland

(Jimmy Chamberlin still in Top 10)

My God, how much different this list looked in 1995! Well, wait a minute; three of the five were there in '95 - can you guess who they were?

No Aston Villa this weekend due to international break - and of course, we COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR ONCE, but no. Once again we're let down by AV's poor, poor timing in away goal totals.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment